Re: EdSharp issue/bug

  • From: Jamal Mazrui <empower@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 09:30:51 -0400

There has been no recent change to the indentation code. Unfortunately, there is a work-around that is needed when setting the IndentUnit to spaces instead of tabs. Space characters themselves do not work because of the way EdSharp stores configuration data in the ini format. You can use the backslash40 octal sequence for a single space (a strange bug with Thunderbird and JAWS is preventing the backslash symbol from being inserted properly in this message, so I used the word backslash instead). Repeat the sequence 4 times for 4 spaces). Alternatively, use the Infer Indent command, as suggested.

Jamal

On 4/21/2010 6:46 AM, Homme, James wrote:
Hi Tyler,
I don't think it's a bug. I think that you can go into the edsharp.ini file and
permanently change the indentation. I think that when you use the configuration
dialog that it only keeps the setting while the program is running. You can
also use the Infer Indent command to have the program figure out how you want
to indent the current file. Just indent one of the first lines the way you want
it to work throughout the file. EdSharp will make that the indentation unit.
Besides all that, I think that to indent by four spaces, you might want to try
putting the indentation stuff in quotes inside that dialog, or I think you can
use hex like \20\20\20\20, but I'm unsure about that one.

Jim
Jim Homme,
Usability Services,
Phone: 412-544-1810
Skype: jim.homme
Internal recipients,  Read my accessibility blog. Discuss accessibility here.