Re: EdSharp and brf files on win64

  • From: "Littlefield, Tyler" <tyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2011 12:17:39 -0600

Steve:
I'm not really sure what you're aiming at. I could probably take a peak at nfbtrans though if it would help you. I use c/c++ on a daily bases, so it shouldn't be to dificult.
On 7/1/2011 12:10 PM, John J. Boyer wrote:
Steve,

Thanks. For anyone else who mayh be reading this thread, BrailleBlaster
could use some experienced Java programmers. We are using SWT to create
the interface, because it is accessible out of the box on multiple
platforms.

Experienced C programmers would also be welcome to help with some of the
modules in liblouisutdml which is the braille translation engine for
BrailleBlaster. These modules are currently only stubs. They are
transcribe_chemistry, transcribe_music and transcribe_graphics.

Thanks,
John

On Fri, Jul 01, 2011 at 12:26:48PM -0500, Steve Jacobson wrote:
NFBTRANS is written in C.  It is my understanding that besides changing
compiler options, one needs to look at all of the pointer definitions as they
don't
always translate from 16-bit to 32-bit.

Since John Boyer is also on this list, I would like to make it clear that I
would not want to take resources or time away from John Boyer's Braille Blaster
project which is in the process of creating a much more modern and flexible
open source braille translation solution.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson

On Thu, 30 Jun 2011 23:43:28 -0700, inthane wrote:

what is it written in? someone out here should be able to help you fix that!
inthane
. Moderator, Blind Access Help.
. Owner: Alacorn Computer Enterprises
www.alacorncomputer.com