Re: Ed Sharp, PYTHON, and RUBY

  • From: Jamal Mazrui <empower@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 09:02:22 -0500 (EST)

First locate the directory containing the Java compiler, javac.exe.
Typically, the path is something like
c:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_01\bin

If you happen to be using FileDir, you can navigate there and then press
Alt+Shift+P to copy the path to the clipboard.

Go to the System applet in Control Panel, and to the Advanced tab page of
the environment variables dialog.  Edit the PATH variable by typing or
pasting the Java directory path at the beginning of the current text,
separating it by a semicolon (;) from the next directory in the list.
Activate the OK button repeatedly to save the new setting.

Jamal