From: Homme, James
Sent: Thursday, September 16, 2010 7:12 AM
To: program-java@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Eclipse Discovery About Code Completion

Hi,

I made a discovery just now because I was writing some JAWS code to examine
what was popping up in some Eclipse windows. This is about code completion.

As you are typing along in a Java program and you want to get a list of code
completion choices, do this.

1. type part of a class, such as System, then a period.

2. As soon as you press the period key, immediately press the Tab key. That
puts you in a list of choices.

3. Pick a choice and press Enter.

4. press the period key again, then Tab again.

5. Pick a choice.

I'm sure you get the pattern by now.

There's more to discover, such as what happens when you hit Control + Space and
Control + Shift + Space, but I haven't figured out that yet.

Thanks.

Jim

Jim Homme,

Usability Services,

Phone: 412-544-1810. Skype: jim.homme

Internal recipients,  Read my accessibility blog. Discuss accessibility here.