Re: Dynamic active content

  • From: "Matthew2007" <matthew2007@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 18:55:59 -0700

Ken,

Thanks for the information. More confirming information that blind people are truly at a great disadvantage when it comes to interacting with the many different types of WebPages on the internet. Had the presenter not specified many of these interface problems I would have never considered just how slow computing is for blind individuals. So far, it appears that from a scale of 1 to 10, the average blind web user is probably lingering in at about a 3 when it comes to quickly accessing information on the web. Just this past week I asked my wife to help me make a purchase on Amazon.com. I was in a hurry and didn't want to have to read through a mess of information. She found and purchased the item I was looking for within some 10 minutes. It would have easily taken me over an hour due to the size of the pages on the web site as well as the amount of extraneous information the blind user must wade through as we have to read from top to bottom or search around for various keywords to get at desired information. I've been buying from Amazon and other similar sites on the web for years, so its not me as much as how I must interact with a website even using the most current screen reader.

Matthew
----- Original Message ----- From: "Ken Perry" <whistler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>