Re: Don't do it! wasRe: a virtual computer emulator at giveawayoftheday.com

  • From: Nimer <nimerjaber1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 18:59:05 -0600

And, Giveaway of the day is legit.

Jackie McBride wrote:
Well, b4 coming to any conclusions, why not check out:
<http://www.wwpi.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3877&Itemid=128>

U might need to copy & paste the link into the open dialog of your
browser, though I capped it in angle brackets in hopes that a mere
click would work.

In short, this would appear to be a reputable security company which
is trying to introduce its product. But, as w/anything, it's always
good to have current backups, &, when in doubt, install on a machine
that's not your primary. But a lot of file servers like download.com,
etc., carry this software & I don't think they'd do so if it weren't
legit. Could be wrong, of course, but they didn't get to be bigshots
in this arena by serving malicious software.

Jus my $.02, folks.

On 4/25/08, Matthew2007 <matthew2007@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I was also thinking the same thing. It appears this file is 2 megs in size,
what an incredibly small file for a drive imager. I would install this on
your scrap computer to see what happens before installing it on your primary
machine.

Thanks,

Matthew
Subject: a virtual computer emulator at giveawayoftheday.com

hey folks, would like to know what you think of this one, its available from
www.giveawayoftheday.com today, and must be installed today to be useable,
but could be a goodie?

no arguments please, just honest opinions, eh?
here is the rundown:
April 25, 2008
The Returnil Virtual System Premium Edition is a powerful virtualization
technology that completely mirrors your actual computer setup and it can
create a virtual storage disk within your PC where you can save documents,
data, and files while using the System Protection feature.

Returnil virtualization technology clones a computer's System Partition and
boots the PC into this system rather than native Windows, allowing you run
your applications in a completely isolated environment. Hence the session
and all activity, malicious or otherwise, will happen in the virtual
environment, not in the real PC environment. If the PC is attacked or gets
infected, all you need to do is to simply reboot the PC to erase all
changes. After reboot, the system will be restored to its original state, as
if nothing ever happened. All of this without sacrificing computer
performance or usability while helping to reduce technical support
intervention and the need for routine maintenance.

User Rating: Rate It! 300 (83%) 61 (17%)84 comments
System Requirements: Windows XP/2003 Server/Vista 32-bit; Processor by OS:
XP: 300 MHz; 2003 Server: 750 MHz; Vista: 800 MHz; Memory by OS: XP: 128 MB;
2003 Server: 128 MB; Vista: 512 MB; Hard Disk: 25 MB free HDD space (minimal
configuration)
Publisher: Returnil
Homepage: http://www.returnilvirtualsyst...
File Size: 2.24 MB
Price: The program is available for $24,95, but it will be free for our
visitors as a time-limited offer.

ok fire away folks,

regards,
inthane
. For Blind Programming assistance, Information, Useful Programs, and Links
to Jamal Mazrui's Text tutorial packages and Applications, visit me at:
http://grabbag.alacorncomputer.com
. to be able to view a simple programming project in several programming

http://www.eset.com