Re: Disecting Visual Studio Output Modules and Asp.net

  • From: "public.niran" <public.niran@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2008 19:37:32 +0530

There is no need to copy the project or sln file on to the IIS. You only need to copy:

1. .aspx files and the web.config. file
2. .vb or .cs code-behind files
3. Any custom assemblies (DAL etc) into the bin directory.
4. All the references you add are stored in web.config file. No project file required.

Following Punit's idea will help you understand the process better.
Niran
----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard Thomas" <rthomas@xxxxxxxxxxx>