Re: Difference between speech enabling tools

While on the topic, how does saytools and accessible_output differ from phonemic -- the recent addition by the SodBeans team?

On 6/27/2011 9:47 AM, Pugsley wrote:
Thanks Christopher,
That explains the difference between saytools and accessible_output. I'm still
learning what tools are out there and what it means, when they can do things
like being built into com components. Another quick question. Is the key to
understanding these tools more related to learning how Windows works, as in the
Operating system ? I only have website PHP programming and a Mysql background,
so these com concepts and speech output are new to me. The intro python books
don't go into how to call into d l l files or set up com to circumvent
situations where you can't call into a d l l. Would an entry level intro
Operating system book, answer these types of quesions I have ?
Pugsley

Q<q@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

Pugsley,
I wrote accessible_output not being familiar with say tools. As far as I know,
the only things that differ are that SayTools can be built into a com component
for use in any language, and accessible_output has Braille support and more
outputs working with Jaws, Wineyes, Dolphin products, NVDA, sapi 5,
speech-dispatcher and VoiceOver.

On 6/26/2011 4:33 AM, Pugsley wrote:
Please excuse this newbie question, what is the difference between SayTools and
Accessible Output ?
They both use python and find out whether screen readers are installed and
default to SAPI to enable programs to become speech enabled? What situations
would you use one over the other ?
Pugsley__________

Kerneels Roos
Cell: +27 (0)82 309 1998