Re: Creating an Operating System with speech included

  • From: Nimer <nimerjaber1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2008 10:29:45 -0700

No, Orca can be used in a command line, also called a terminal. The roblem comes in where Orca doesn't run as root, but as a standard user, which does not give you access to many administrative tasks.

thanks
Nimer J

Nimer M. Jaber

it
is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any
review,
reliance
upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient
is
prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender via reply
e-mail, and delete the
material from any computer.

Website:
http://www.empowertheblind.org
Phone:
(720) (251-4530)

Octavian Rasnita wrote:
Oh Ken, you disappoint me.
I was more and more convinced that Orca could be used well at least with some apps, but now I hear that in order to access the command line I need to use another screen reader.

Well, this is not needed at all under Windows where I can use Jaws with apps with a GUI and with apps that run in a command line, and I even use Linux with Jaws by SecureCRT.

Octavian

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ken Perry" <whistler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>