RE: Creating an Operating System with speech included

  • From: "Ken Perry" <whistler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 18:07:13 -0500

Oh I can believe that happened but I have the same story on the other side.
I know a guy that was thrown in administrating Windows 2003 servers and
couldn't get a bunch of printers in one side of the building working.  It
wasn't the network because they worked fine on the Linux boxes.  It turned
out he was a Linux nut and had been to several training sessions on Linux
while he knew very little about print sharing on windows.  It's all what you
know when you get to that level.  My oldest brother is a head IT guy for
Kennecott mines and he runs half his print servers in Linux and half in
windows.  He has less trouble with the Linux boxes and if he could ditch the
windows boxes he would do so.  In fact it's in the plans.

Ken