Command prompt string with complex arguments

  • From: "Bryan Garaventa" <bryan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2007 14:25:45 -0700

I'm having trouble formatting a string for the command prompt being passed as a
string argument.

For instance, this is the command string that I need to execute...

"C:\Documents and Settings\bryan\Application Data\Freedom
Scientific\JAWS\8.0\Settings\enu\MiniCap\MiniCap.exe" -save
"C:\UltraModuleMaker\Test.jpg" -scrollcap -setfore -exit -capturehwnd 590828

  This string is being passed to a VB.net function named ExCommandPrompt like
follows.

  Public Sub ExCommandPrompt(ByVal Command as String)
  System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(Command)

  End Sub

  The Command string works fine when entered directly into the command prompt,
but it won't work when passed as a string to the function that should do the
same.

  How should this string be formatted?

  Thanks,

  Bryan