To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, February 08, 2010 6:44 PM
Subject: Cognos Accessibility

Some of you may remember that one of my assignments is developing Cognos reports for the data warehouse. I have been able to work out most of the accessibility problems but one I am stuck on is in properties I can get to the options. For example Source type but to get to the drop down box for source type you have to click on a drop down arrow. JAWS does not recognize this arrow. If I can get sighted help to click the arrow I can read what is in the drop down box. Is there any solution to this? It is very important because you have to use several of these. In useing some of the tabs I was able to learn about how far you had to move the mouse and could hit it about one out of four times but this arrow is to small to do that.

Brent Neal
140 E 300 S
Salt Lake City, UT 84111

Programmer