Re: C # question

  • From: Varun Khosla <varun.lists@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 10:55:39 +0530

Hi Celia,

The ToString method of the Decimal class can take format parameter and
there are many built-in formats including for displaying currency.
The method is overloaded and I'll tell u one that takes a string parameter.

ToString(String format)
For currency, the format is C[num] where num specifies, in integer,
how many digits to display after the decimal point.

decimal d = 2.00;
textbox.Text = d.ToString("C"); // Outputs $2
textbox.Text = d.ToString("C2"); // Outputs $2.00

HTH

--
Varun