Re: C# console application executing command line commands?

  • From: Dave <davidct1209@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 05:48:27 -0700

Usually, C# is a little too heavy weight to perform batch
file/scripting tasks so there's no real elegant way of doing this.  C#
wants you to stay within the abstractions of processes, threads, and
objects.

With that said, why not just use the static member

Process.Start(string filename, string arguments);
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/h6ak8zt5.aspx

i.e.
try {
Process.Start("copy", @"/s c:\documents\foo z:\bar\");