Re: C # and visual studio

  • From: "RicksPlace" <ofbgmail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 19:34:12 -0400

Hi Celia: First, Visual Studio 2008 is accessible for the most part. There are
scripts for JAWS that help and it is pretty good out of the box with
Windoweyes. As for UML Diagrams, I have never used them. I have attempted to
use the VISIO Designer of Visual Web Designer and found it pretty much useless
with Windoweyes and it did not look like something I could script for
Windoweyes. I found other work-arounds for doing some things that initially
called for using the VISIO Designer. As I mentioned I have never used a UML
Diagram so can not help there either, sorry. If you are most familiar with JAWS
get on the ball, install Visual Studio 2008 if that is your environment or the
Express Modules if not. Then get the JAWS Scripts installed, the IDE set up for
accessibility and that all will require some time and experimentation to get
right. You need to have the Studio, the CSharp application module and your
Screen Reader as well as the IDE settings in place and working well before you
start your class if that is how your instructor is having you handle it.
If the UML will be used with a Database layout, I don't know what it would be
used for, then you might need additional software like the Sql Server
application and perhaps the Sql Server Management Studio.
Good luck with the class:
Rick USA