Re: C and Java Programmers Wanted

  • From: Jamal Mazrui <empower@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 07:19:09 -0400

I suggest Python from
http://python.org

It has an English-like syntax so is closer to COBOL than a C-based language with a lot of punctuation symbols. Your low vision will probably help you manage the required indentation, also similar to COBOL, which can be one of the most challenging aspects for blind beginners of the language.

Jamal

On 8/9/2010 5:55 PM, ALBERT A SCHWARTZBERG wrote:

I would like to get back into computer programming . I have 2
certificates in COBOL from over 20 years ago. I realize that the
languages have changed but much of the structure and logic remains them
same.
I heard that BASIC is a good place to start but possibly that translates
into VISUAL BASIC or some other language.
I am legally blind and still can take advantage of a Closed Circuit TV
and strong magnifiers. But I need RFB&D or Bookshare or some other
recorded instructions.
Please RSVP if you have any ideas or suggestions.
Thank you,
Abe Schwartzberg