Re: C++ and I are getting divorced.

  • From: "Jay Macarty" <jay.macarty2009@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 10:00:25 -0500

I don't know if anyone else has suggested it, but I'd recommend taking a look at AutoIt. It is a very powerful but simple scripting language and Jamal has written a library for making GUI programming easier. I use AutoIt very often in my work because it is easy to write code for and once you have a script that does something useful for you, compiling it into an executable is as easy as selecting the script file in Windows explorer, pressing the application key to get the context menyu and selecting compile script. I used this a lot at work because I can write GUI utilities quickly and then distribute them to other team members for their use and they don't need to have AutoIt installed; they just run the executable.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jes" <theeternalkid@xxxxxxxxx>