Re: C++ Compilers

As far as I know, the .net framework comes with a c# compiler. And yes, you can use the compiler from the command line. That wasn't the point though.On 10/25/2010 10:01 AM, QuentinC wrote:
> The people that use it daily would disagree... it is harder to use sometimes, but it works a lot better and you get more than you would with edsharp in terms of code completion, etc. Also... it's so much easier to tap f6 than it is to alt+tab to a command window and type make when you have a project with a lot of files. Or run a batch file to compile, or whatever it is you do with projects of lots of files. You are telling me that you can just install a VS command line compiler and use another external editor instead of the official ?
Is it also true for C# ?
I had tried VS once, 2005 express. There wasn't any accessible dialog box. I had to use it to be able to make C inline assemblee in intel syntax (for a class course). It was quite ahrd because of the editor not because of the assemblee. Later I tried VSC# 2008. Accessibility hadn't improved allthough jaws had a builtin script for it. The most annoying was the following: you begin to write, for example " X = ". You haven't finished to write that, that a popup told you "the variable X is undefined". Yes I know, idiot, I've just begin to write. And after that you naturally couldn't go back to the editor text area easily. Completely stupid program.