To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, September 25, 2009 7:28 AM
Subject: C# Compiler Issues

hi.
well.
trying to set up the path for C# 2008 express.
and got the v 3.5 framework.
but cannot compile my c# programs.
i set the path variable.
to c:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework\v3.5\
and now want to use the c# compiler in the command prompt.
taking classes inc #from http://www.johnsmiley.com
and now i am using windows vista home premium.
got visual studio dot net 2008 express installed on my toshiba laptop.
but if i go to the directory
cd c:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework\v3.5
and type in csc.exe
i get the microsoft c# compiler.
and no input file.
well theproblem is:
if i go to :
cd c:\Docs\Programming\IntroductionToCNumber\CNumberFiles\Practice
i get the error when i try to compile the following program from the C# text
book which i got from John Smiley.
now if i type csc ILoveCSharp.cs
get the command prompt.
internal or external command cannot be found.
internal or external program or batch file.
no such file exists.
so how to set up C# so i can use in the command prompt.
tried messing around with different paths in notepad.
but none seem to make any sense.
any one had this problem before.
is the csc compiler some where else.
can any one help.