Re: Best Java Guides for a Newby?

  • From: Jared Wright <wright.jaredm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2011 22:58:51 -0400

IN the search box of the start menu just type "environment". Options will come up for both editing the environmental variable for your account and editing the system environment variables. Which one you choose is irrelevant, you're going to the same place anyway. Namely System Properties -> Advanced -> Edit Environment Variables. Now find the list with the system environment variables. Find the one named 'path'. Edit it to include your Java directory at the end. Don't forget to separate it from the other directories listed with a ; character. Click OK until you're out of the system properties screen, then restart. This is Win 7, I imagine Vista is basically identical.
On 7/7/2011 1:49 PM, Brandon Keith (Biggs) wrote:
How do I do that?
I don't even know where the variables are...
Sorry, but you're talking to a huge newbie Sad smile
            emoticon...
Thanks,

Brandon Keith Biggs

Check out
MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/brandonkeithbiggs
Also add me on facebook!
brandonkeith
And for my resume go to:
http://www.sfcasting.com/brandonkeith

Sent: Thursday, July 07, 2011 10:44 AM
Subject: Re: Best Java Guides for a Newby?

Hi Brandon,

I've seen a couple of variations - one which tells you to add a new Environment variable, and another which instructs you to edit the already existing Path variable. I did the latter, and all appears to work well. Granted I pointed towards Python, but the concept should remain the same.

Mark