RE: [BULK] RE: c++ fruit basket

Hi Georgina: 
Contact me of-list I use c++ builder as well as visual studio so may be able to 
help I'm also in the us.
Sean. 

-----Original Message-----
From: programmingblind-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 
[mailto:programmingblind-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Georgina Joyce
Sent: 14 November 2007 23:12
To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [BULK] RE: c++ fruit basket
Importance: Low

Hi

This is my first message here and I'm not too sure to what it is you guys are 
discussing here but it might be of interest to me.  I'm studying at the 
University of Central Lancashire software engineering.  Which is focusing upon 
C++ and we've just hit windows programming.  That is GUI applications.  Anyway, 
we use Borland Builder which has many accessible features however, I cannot 
build a form with a collection of chosen controls.  I wondered Is there 
something with these WxWidgets that may help me?  Regrettably I'm also confused 
about the fruit basket.  What's that all about?

Sorry for being so dim!


Gena

Amateur Call: M 0 E B P

VOIP / IM: gena1959uk



-----Original Message-----
From: programmingblind-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 
[mailto:programmingblind-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jamal Mazrui
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2007 10:05 PM
To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: c++ fruit basket


By any reasonable standard, WxWidgets is a successful GUI library.
Juce, the podcatcher, has been download more than 2.5 million times according 
to its web site.  Audacity is a well known CD ripper -- also based on WxWidgets.

I agree that one should not simply be positive for the sake of being positive 
-- though that does help human relations and motivation to do good.  A 
relentless negative message is certainly not helpful either.

Jamal
On
Wed, 14 Nov 2007, Octavian Rasnita wrote:

> Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 23:14:50 +0200
> From: Octavian Rasnita <orasnita@xxxxxxxxx>
> Reply-To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: c++ fruit basket
>
> Yes you are right.
> I agree that Wx is for the moment the only somehow accessible GUI 
> which is portable on more operating systems. I also like the fact that 
> it is some more advanced than other GUIS. For the moment I am not so 
> interested in its portability, but I might be.
>
> But I don't agree with that "list of successful programs".
> It is a very small list of programs, and they are not what I 
> understand by "successful".
>
> I understand by successful one of the following:
> Internet Explorer, Outlook Express, MS Word, MS Excel, Mozilla 
> Firefox, Microsoft Age of Empires, Command and Conquer Tiberian Sun, 
> Eidos Commandos, Nero Burning ROM, programs for using a TV Tunner, 
> Windows Explorer, and many other programs which are used by hundread of 
> million people.
>
> I didn't verify, but I doubt that some of them are made using Wx Widgets.
>
> Even with the latest years .net hype, I think that most of their 
> interfaces are made using MFC (of course, with the exceptions of those 
> like Firefox that were started just to compete Microsoft).
>
> But don't understand me wrong. I didn't say that I am not interested 
> in WxWidgets samples under C++.
>
> Octavian
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Marlon Brandão de Sousa" <splyt.lists@xxxxxxxxx>
> To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2007 6:06 PM
> Subject: Re: c++ fruit basket
>
>
> > Hello Teddy,
> > I respect your opinion on this but I have to desagree, because 
> > there're many "successfull" projects made in wx (look
> > www.wxwidgets.org) and also because of a more important reazon:
> > I am a blind working in the programming area. Right untill now I 
> > didn't need to make a software with a gui, but if I have to do one 
> > some day, and one which will run on several platforms, mfc won't 
> > lead me to anything usefull. In fact, wx is one of the few solutions 
> > which will allow one develope a gui software to unix or mac 
> > platforms and test it safely and easily before releasing it in the windows 
> > platform.
> > Marlon
> >
> > --
> > When you say "I wrote a program that crashed Windows," people just 
> > stare at you blankly and say "Hey, I got those with the system, for 
> > free."
> > Linus Torvalds
> > __________
> > View the list's information and change your settings at 
> > http://www.freelists.org/list/programmingblind
> >
>
> __________
> View the list's information and change your settings at 
> http://www.freelists.org/list/programmingblind
>
__________
View the list's information and change your settings at 
http://www.freelists.org/list/programmingblind


__________ NOD32 2658 (20071114) Information __________

This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system.
http://www.eset.com


__________
View the list's information and change your settings at 
http://www.freelists.org/list/programmingblind

__________
View the list's information and change your settings at
http://www.freelists.org/list/programmingblind

Other related posts: