Re: Autoprocessing of Text in an Email

  • From: "Littlefield, Tyler" <tyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2010 16:43:31 -0700

hello,
What I would do is use a cron job to poll for emails (poll a pop server, or a mailbox if you want to use fetchmail as a daemon), pull the text out of the email (after it validates), then do whatever needs doing with it. you can use python's pop functions for this.
On 11/13/2010 4:24 PM, Jeff Berwick wrote:
Hi all,

I want to develop a script, or find one on the web, that can receive and
process text in the body of an email.  Unfortunately, I have not yet come up
with the right words to render any useful results in Google.  Does anybody know
what this is called or have any information?

Basically, I want people to be able to send an email to an address.  The
website would then access the contents of that email and process the
information contained within.  Is this clear?

Thx,
Jeff