Re: Auditory Code Completion - any good ideas?

  • From: Andreas Stefik <stefika@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 14:04:38 -0500

Cool, thanks for the ideas folks.

Can you think of anything specific to code completion that would be
helpful. For example, right now, we have our code completion 1) let
you navigate aurally what methods are available, 2) when you "land" on
a particular method, it tells you the name of the method, gives a
description of what it does, then gives you a short code example of
how to use it. Should we change that in any way? Should we add
anything additional?

I was also thinking of adding in a feature where, if you ever turn on
code completion, it will "guess" what you can type next and give you
choices aurally. The idea would be that this could make it easier for
blind kids to not have to remember either the names of methods nor the
language itself, at least as much. Is that a good idea? Bad idea?
Worth my time? Not worth my time?

Stefik