RE: Anyone using Kmodo Edit?

  • From: Rodney Haynie <RodneyH@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 14:26:47 -0500

Things have to be fixed.
I can only comment on using JAWS, but I have found the two most annoying
problems are:

1. Sometimes when I come back from a dialog, JAWS will no longer read the
contents of the currently open file.  Sighted people can see the cursor is
there, and they can see what I type, but JAWS reports nothing.  Actually Ctrl +
Home will say "Top of File" and Ctrl + End will say "Bottom of File", but It
will not read anything else.
Alt Tabbing away, and coming back does nothing.  Ctrl + Shift +  E does nothing.
Killing JAWS and restarting it does nothing.
If I close the file and reopen it, then it works just fine.

2. I was not successful getting any custom hightlight assignments to work.  So
JAWS will not read any selected text.

You need to use the JAWS cursor to navigate through some of the dialogs, but
that is at least workable, and probably scriptable.  But I don't get very good
class names when using Home Row.  I get good handle values, but it is clear
that JAWS does not show which each window type is.