Any support/suggestions for a blind student...

Hi veterans, programmers and students,
For those who does not know me, I am Joseph, a computer science sophomore student at University of California, Riverside (UCR). My main interests are all about assistive technology and computer education, more specifically embedded devices, networking and so forth. One of my CS professors who teaches C++, asked me to ask you if you have any suggestions/opinions for learning graphics and general mathematics, which I know is important for engineering. I thought of using tactile arablets such as so-called "Talking Tactile Tablet" or via PIAF (Picture In A Flash). Since I'm the first blind CS student at UCR, the engineering professors there are interested in how a blind student can learn programming and graphics. I told the professors there about this list and how there are blind programmers (like you guys) who writes GUI apps. So, in summary, I'm wondering if there is a programmer here who can work with me to come up with a solution - allowing me to learn programming effectively from a blindness perspective. If you permit me, I'm willing to pass on your contact information to the UCR CS faculty so that they can contact you for assistance (especially when it comes to learning graphical information such as math, hardware organization chart and so forth). Thanks for any assistance on this matter.
Sincerely,
Joseph S.  Lee
University of California, Riverside