Re: Another small text editor for blind people

I'm sorry, but I don't understand you about the status bar, even after I read your point a couple of times. On screen, it is a label which is located under the text area. It is updated each time you move.

You can read it by pressing insert+page down with jaws or NVDA.
You can hide it by unchecking the show/hide status bar option in the format menu if you don't like it, but if you do that you wont be able to read it anymore. I'm conscient of the problem: jaws is reading it all the time. However, I haven't any solution at the moment but hiding it.

and I like the "smart home key" feature, its a fantastic idea, especially
for those working in heavy indenting languages such as I believe python is,
that little item could save someone a good couple hours of needless jumping
around to get to the actual characters in a line over the course of a
project.

That was precisely the goal.
If you create a script which indent automatically your code, it's even better. You can write an indented code allmost as if it was flat. No reason to hate indentation anymore. that's great ! I made a very simple script quite well suitable for brackets based languages as a demo, if somebody is interested I can post it and you will be able to improve it as you wish.

The best is coming, I'm developping a double cursor feature for beta 6. IF you knew how I had that curious idea...