Re: Another small text editor for blind people

  • From: "QuentinC" <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 14:16:03 +0200

Hello,

1. Maj stands for shift. I just forgot to translate in some menu entries. Sorry, it will be corrected in the next release.

2. Fonction suivante stands for next function. It's a small script example I forgot to remove. You can rename the menu entry and keep it if you want to, the script instructions are on startup.lua. The goal of that script is to directly go to the beginning of the next function in the file, based on the "function" keyword. It was just a very simple example to show how scripting works, it does not work that much.

3. Status bar which shows line and colummn: you can hide it by using "show/hide status bar" menu item in format menu. I noticed that jaws always announce it on every change, but I don't know why it does that when in other programs with similar layout it does not. could somebody explain ?

4. Smart home: when you press the home key, then the cursor goes on the first non space character instead of the very beginning of the line. It may simplifiy navigation in an indented code. I find it's very good to edit code without having to deal with indentation at all. My opinion is that it is not my job to handle indentation when the computer can do it very well in my place. If you don't like that feature, you can just uncheck it and your choice will remind permanent.

5. Recent files list. That's a good idea, I'll try to add it in the next release.

Thank you very much for your questions, remarks and suggestions. Don't hesitate to submit some more.