RE: Announcing SayIt

  • From: Jamal Mazrui <empower@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ProgrammingBlind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 15:52:10 -0500 (EST)

Thanks for your interest. The SayIt API is usable by any language that can create a COM client. Integrated Development Environments on Windows typically include a feature that analyzes a COM type library and generates code for using the COM server in an early-bound manner (method signatures are resolved at compile time). For example, I think this feature is included in the free Microsoft Visual C++ Express. I do not know about other C compilers that are primarily command-line in operation, such as MinGW.

The SayIt COM server can also be controlled in a late bound manner (method signatures are resolved at runtime). This is also called an IDispatch interface, which most scripting languages support.

I do not know C or C++ myself and do not have such sample code for using SayIt. If someone sends me such code, however, I will gladly include it in the distribution. At this time, only a VBScript sample is included.

Jamal