Re: An introduction to XML User Interface Language (XUL)

  • From: james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 08:02:04 -0400

Hi Arron,
In what capacities can people get involved. Speaking for myself, I am a
good HTML person. I can do CSS if I have a reference in front of me. I can
do scripting with a reference in front of me. I can definitely document. I
can test and give clear feedback. Just ask Jamal. I give him good feedback
most of the time.

james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx, 412-544-1810

"It's more important for me to start to do the right thing than it is to
wait until I think I
can do it just right."

             "Aaron Leventhal"
             <aaronlev@moonset
             .net>                                                      To
             Sent by:                  programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
             programmingblind-                                          cc
             bounce@freelists.
             org                                                   Subject
                                       Re: An introduction to XML User
                                       Interface Language (XUL)
             10/24/2007 10:56
             AM

             Please respond to
             programmingblind@
               freelists.org

I know of at least one screen reader user who's been able to fix bugs in
Firefox's UI using XUL.

You may be interested in the XUL accessibility guidelines:
http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/XUL_accessibility_guidelines

Because XUL is declarative it makes it easier to arrange and debug and
UI, and also makes it possible to write a validator that checks
accessibility. Work started on those projects (from WebAIM), but it's
currently stalled. We'd love to see that kind of work keep going.

- Aaron

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/edu/x-dw-x-xulintro.html?S_TACT=105AGX54&S_CMP=A1018&ca=dnw-840