Re: An introduction to XML User Interface Language (XUL)

  • From: Aaron Leventhal <aaronlev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 10:56:42 -0400

I know of at least one screen reader user who's been able to fix bugs in Firefox's UI using XUL.

You may be interested in the XUL accessibility guidelines: http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/XUL_accessibility_guidelines

Because XUL is declarative it makes it easier to arrange and debug and UI, and also makes it possible to write a validator that checks accessibility. Work started on those projects (from WebAIM), but it's currently stalled. We'd love to see that kind of work keep going.

- Aaron

james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi,
I don't know how useful this would be, but I got a link to it and thought
someone might want to read it.

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/edu/x-dw-x-xulintro.html?S_TACT=105AGX54&S_CMP=A1018&ca=dnw-840

james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx, 412-544-1810

"It's more important for me to start to do the right thing than it is to
wait until I think I
can do it just right."