Re: Advice for a programmer losing vision?

  • From: Dorene Cornwell <dorenefc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 19:01:09 -0700

Regardless of whether you plan to write code for money or for free, I
STRONGLY recommend you familiarize yourself with the different kinds of
licensing practices whether fully copyrighted, open-source, GPL or WHATEVER.

There is a lot of really excellent work done even by people on this list for
the public good without charge, but we all also have a variety of personal
and organizational obligations about copyrighted material.

I believe the majoy screen reader programs have demo programs that allow
considerable leeway about testing before a user has to reboot.

Best

DoreneC