Re: Accessible Blackberry?

  • From: "Darragh Ó Héiligh" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 07:50:53 +0000

Peter, pity you weren't in Ireland.  I'm selling one with the screen
reader and all.

The blackberries are not accessible however the Nokia E61 and E61I
are.  You can use them with talks or mobile speak.

The screen reader on this one is talks.

I used it as a blackberry for six months but fortunately , I've given
that responsibility to someone else as I'm no longer providing 24X 7
support!

The only horrible thing about not using the blackberry hand sets is
that when using something like the Nokia E61, wireless activations are
not possible.  I.e, you need to have some kind of direct network
connection via lan or vpn connection over the internet to the
blackberry activation server.

The activation it's self is fine however it took me a long time to do
as our blackberry activation server was in america so I first had to
set up a vpn connection that didn't go through our proxy.

Let me know off list if you have any questions as this is a tad off topic.

Darragh

The DBA team that I am a member of is going to be using the now famous