Re: Accessible Adobe Photoshop and flash

  • From: "John Greer" <jpgreer17@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 00:14:00 -0500

Yep, I will have to say that it would be kind of hard for a blind person to
study to become a visual designer.  It could be done I suppose but it wouldn't
be the most efficient position to put a blind person in.  An example of what I
mean is, if you have a jpg file that is named bell but it is actually a yellow
cherry, how is the blind person going to know this?  That is in my opinion why
Photoshop has never been scripted for.  Another example if the picture is
actually fine but it needs a shadow that is the same shade of other items in
the background, how is a blind person going to know the angle that the shadow
should be placed in relation to the other objects, also how is a blind person
going to be able to blend the shadow in order to make it look believably real.