Re: About my self.

  • From: "Marlon Brandão de Sousa" <splyt.lists@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 15:54:10 -0200

Hello,
The guy who said C would be better in this side of the question is
pretty right, but C is hard and developing softwares using it,
specially softwares with gui ... like word or real player or ie isn't
a simple task. In general, one learning programming in a computer
sciense degree, or one wanting to be a programmer should use this
concept, as they will probably surface hard problems to solve and
knowing a such powerfull language will make them confortable with most
part of other more high level stuff they might need to use some day.
In your case, I understand that you are curious only and / or need to
develope more simple softwares, or softwares which won't necessarily
make part of a engeneering / researching project, so I would suggest
learning any .net stuff or php if you plan on doing web stuff, which
can be another possibility. But before starting with a language you
still should focus on a specific area of interest, otherwise you're
going to have a big trouble in succeeding from learning it.
One programming a computer or learning how to do it should have a
goal, otherwise the learning curve becomes boring and chanses are that
one will decide to use their time with something cooler or more
productive.
Marlon

free."
Linus Torvalds