Re: ASP.Net scrollable datagrid, but with static/unmoving column headers

  • From: "RicksPlace" <ofbgmail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 11:28:05 -0400

Hi: Have you looked into the ListView and, or, the FormView controls?
I remember having done this but don't remember exactly what I did. It should be
a very common senario so I am guessing there are Google articles on how to do
this using the various ASP controls.
What have you looked at so far to accomplish this?
Are you familiar with Panel controls and Templated Controls and their use?
Which version of VWD or Visual Sytudio are you working with?
Rick USA
columns in another panel. Then you should be able to set the ccolumn content to
scroll without impacting the headings. At least that would be my first thought.
I remember reading up on this situation some time back and had found and
implemented solutions but I forget exactly what I did. Since I never worked
with the DataGrid I am guessing I found what I needed using other controls like
the panelcontrol, the ListView and, or FormView controls since I have used them
off and on in my ASP Pages. .
Rick USA