RE: ASP.Net scrollable datagrid, but with static/unmoving column headers

Oops that was me.  I was referring to  the new Web Matrix that's now
available for download and the MX data grid control is one that takes all
the hastle out of ASP.net data access.

From: programmingblind-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:programmingblind-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jacques Bosch
Sent: Wednesday, July 28, 2010 4:03 PM
To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; Program-l
Cc: ProgrammingBlind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: ASP.Net scrollable datagrid, but with static/unmoving column
headers

Well, somebody mentioned a MX data grid which I have never used.

But what you could do is to put the datagrid in a div with overflow set to
auto.

Then, with jQuery, it should be quite trivial to clone the header row and
insert it in another div right above the data grid's div and hide the
original header row.

With a little fiddling that should give you the static headers you are
aiming for.

Jacques