RE: AJAX Accessible web page?

  • From: "Ken Perry" <whistler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 11:14:48 -0700

Thanks I will have a look.

Ken

  _____

From: programmingblind-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:programmingblind-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
jaffar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, April 12, 2008 11:09 AM
To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: AJAX Accessible web page?

Hi Ken.  As far as i know, and this is as far as I can surmise, Ajax is not
yet very accessible on it's own.  I don't know how far the IAccessible
toolls initiated by Ibm and Mozilla, among others, have progressed, and My
suspicion is that until it comes to fruition, the web 2.0 standard with all
it's bells and whistles will not be totally accessible to us.  There is,
however a framework called dojo, an ajax toolkit that claims to be able to
build accessible web apps, but when i went to try out it's demos on their
website, the accessibility of their apps can at best be described as quirky.
To be fair, that was a few months ago.  They might have improved on it.  You
could try to go to www.dojo.org to see it for yourself or to download the
toolkit.  Cheers!