RE: A question on Screen Reader Speed Standards

  • From: "Homme, James" <james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 13:45:11 -0500

Hi,
I suggest that you avoid trying to control screen reader speed unless you want
to control generic stuff like for cases when someone is not using a screen
reader. That's because people might like not to have their settings changed
unexpectedly. Just my two cents worth.

Jim

Highmark recipients,  Read my accessibility
blog<http://mysites.highmark.com/personal/lidikki/Blog/default.aspx>

"If a green on green tree falls in the forest and you're there, can you see it?"
"Not unless you have a screen reader." :)