Re: A 'funny' example of how different forms of spelling affect programming syntax

  • From: "Jacob Kruger" <jacobk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 18:18:47 +0200

Have always sort of thought of sepErate as taking things apart, and sepArate as them being disconnected - as in thought of one as a verb and one as an adjective, or something - but never really thought of it consciously as such, and the one thing to do with center/centre that always remember is that in HTML markup, it's align="center" whereas we spell it centre this side, but anyway, and it seems to be hard coded as centre in python 2.7/wxPython in any case - most likely due to guys who developed it being, I think, being located in Europe or something, but anyway.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA