[program-java] Re: java compilation

Laura,

Look at the articles on getting started with Java again that Susan
Jolly referred us to. Just because aa jar file is in your current
directory doesn'[t mean it is in your classpath. You must tell javac so
with the -classpath option.

John

On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 11:58:13AM -0500, qubit wrote:
> no, actually, I have a login on John's machine so as to be able to work on
> either or both windows and linux.  My base machine is windows.  So the one
> I'm using on linux is John's.
>
> I copied swt.jar to my javafun directory with the fruit.java program.
> I haven't tried john's suggestion of using the -classpath flag, however,
> since I had copied the .jar file to my own directory, I figured it was in my
> classpath by default.  It still doesn't compile.
> --le

Abilitiessoft, Inc.
http://www.abilitiessoft.com
Madison, Wisconsin USA