[program-java] Re: java compilation

Well, I'm assuming that you are refering to SWT-Win32-3235.dll?

Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: program-java-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:program-java-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of qubit
Sent: September 20, 2010 20:07
To: java list
Subject: [program-java] java compilation

Greetings all --
I am finishing reading the java-in-a-nutshell book and have as yet not done
much hacking.  Now I have a really silly question... I am looking over Jamal's
fruitbasket program, which is slick and elegant if you haven't taken time to
read it -- the whole program is under 200 lines and uses the swt library for
the GUI.  But I am having the most annoying time trying to compile it.
The file itself compiles fine, but even though I have a copy of swt.jar to link
into it, the javac compiler keeps rejecting it.  I tried putting a symbolic
link to the class tree, which is on linux in John Boyer's account, but it still
tried compiling  everything as if all the class files were out of date, and
failed because I didn't have permissions in that directory.

Question: what do I do to suppress compilation of a library that is in my
classpath?  If I put swt.jar on the compiler's command line, I assume it should
use the class defs from there and not go around recompiling everything.

Thanx in advance.
--le