[program-java] Re: eclipse full screen edit

  • From: "Homme, James" <james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "program-java@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <program-java@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 10:53:55 -0400

Hi Jim,
When you get time, can you sit down and do this for me? Can you make a list
that looks something like this?

Feature to speak: name of feature.
How to activate it: instructions.
Notes: anything special, like what would annoy you if I made JAWS do it.

My reason for asking is that I am just now getting past hello world. So I
wouldn't have encountered much yet in the way of features to activate. I just
installed Eclipse about a week ago.

I'm pretty sure that I will be on some sort of Java certification path, though,
so any information about what to learn would be good. I've gathered up a few
web links so far. Fortunately, here, they have a subscription to Safari, which
has books in HTML format. I saw an SCJP book, but not an SCJA book. Then
there's also the Java Tutorial, which is huge. But narrowing this down would be
really nice. So far I have called Oracle asking for accessibility information
about training and the exams, but no positive response yet.

Thanks.

Jim

Jim Homme,
Usability Services,
Phone: 412-544-1810. Skype: jim.homme
Internal recipients,  Read my accessibility blog. Discuss accessibility here.