[program-java] Re: Java: iPhone support

  • From: "Jeffrey Fidler" <jeffrey.fidler@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <program-java@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 07:21:00 -0500

Hello, all. There is a caveat to iPhone development: one can develop apps in HTML, CSS, and JavaScript using a toolkit like Titanium. This is also a viable approach to creating Android apps. The framework provides a multitude of APIs that have access to the various features of the mobile devices at the hardware level, and evidently user experience is on par with apps written in Objective C and Java for iPhone and Android respectively. I should say that I have not tried this myself at this point, but certainly have been looking for an excuse at work to do so! This link may be interesting:

http://www.appcelerator.com/

----- Original Message ----- From: "J. R. Westmoreland" <jr@xxxxxxx>