From: program-java-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:program-java-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Corbett, James
Sent: Friday, September 17, 2010 2:07 PM
To: 'program-java@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: [program-java] Java: Precedence... solution

Hey now:

I've finally resolved the issue I was having with variables being reused
multiple times in the same class...

For the sake of brevity:

Public class MyClass {

Private int x = 1;

Public MyClass() {
myMethod();
}

Private void myMethod() {
For (x =0; x<10; x++) {
}
}
}

...obviously x gets finally incremented to 9 and since it's global then it
throws off any reuse of the variable.

James M. Corbett

Programmer / Analyst |
Canada Revenue Agency | Agence du revenue du Canada
875 Heron Rd.
Ottawa, On.
K1A0L5

James.Corbett@xxxxxxxxxxxxx