[program-java] Re: IE: Back Button

  • From: "Corbett, James" <James.Corbett@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <program-java@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 11:13:53 -0400

George:

Suppose you have an input form, with a submit button. This button evokes a
"HTTP_Serverlet_Request do POSt"  command essentially passing data from the web
form to the backend server.... in my case this data is then passed to the
mainframe for specific validation. If for what ever reason the validation fails
a form pops up informing of the failure and the user then typically presses the
IE Back Button to return them to the data input form. However instead of
displaying said form, the previously mentioned IE "Session Expired / Session
Time out" error form is displayed.

Now, this doesn't occur each and every time and now only exists in IE and not
any other browser....

If I code my own back button and not rely upon IE's BB then I have no issue.

Like I said in the first message Firefox has resolved this but there is no
indication as to how they did it or what the cause in the first place was.

Jim