[program-java] Re: Eclipse and Netbeans

  • From: Anna Giller <anna.giller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: program-java@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 11:46:20 -0400

Jim,

Why not to use Eclipse at least for editing and compiling?

It has so useful automatic features like content assist, source formatting,
etc. I can't develop without these features.

Can I combine Eclipse with another building/deploying tool?

Thanks,

Anna

  _____

From: William & Pamela [mailto:pmcoats00@xxxxxxx]

David,

I was reading some e-mail I got from a listserv for blind users, and one of
the e-mails said that her office is requiring her to use NetBeans instead of
Eclipse.

She said that they told her that web applications built and deployed from
Eclipse are not compatible with the ones created from Netbeans.

I wouldn't have thought the IDE would make that much difference. Does it?

Thanks,

Pamela