[procps] procps version 3.3.11 released

  • From: Craig Small <csmall-procps@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Procps-ng Mail list <procps@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2015 18:23:10 +1000

Hi,
I have updated NEWS, bumped the API and tagged in git.
procps version 3.3.11 is now released!

This release we have fixed many bugs and made procps more robust for
those odd corner cases. See the NEWS file for details.
The most significant new feature in this release is the support for
LXC containers in both ps and top.

The source files can be found at both sourceforge and gitlab at:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/procps-ng/files/Production/
https://gitlab.com/procps-ng/procps/tags

My thanks to the procps co-maintainers, bug reporters and merge/patch
authors.

What's Next?
There has been a large amount of work on the library API. This is not
visible to this release as it is on a different git branch called
newlib. The library is getting a complete overhaul and will look
completely different to the old libproc/libprocps set. A decision
hasn't been made when newlib branch will merge into master, but we
will do it once we're happy the library and its API have settled.
This change will be the largest change to procps' library in its
20-odd year history but will mean the library will use common modern
practices for libraries.

- Craig
--
Craig Small (@smallsees) http://enc.com.au/ csmall at : enc.com.au