[procps] Re: procps 3.3.3 released

  • From: g.esp@xxxxxxx
  • To: procps@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 May 2012 15:07:07 +0200 (CEST)

----- Mail original -----

Thank for the release.

One thing is missing, this is an URL to load a bootstrapped package.
I know I could load the tagged v3.3.3 from gitorious (with the ugly
procps-procps name) but this is not very practical :
- first a page saying 'you have to wait during the time the package is
generated' may be encountered,
- secondly checksum for the package could vary (I suppose tar.gz will include a
timestamp, I don't know the rule for generating a new package)

Or I could wait for an .orig be uploaded at debian.
I should say I dislike debian dance on '_' vs '-' in packages names but I am
using the debian bootstrapped package for 3.3.2 with debian patches.

Even I could manually bootstrap the package by myself, bootstrapping is an
issue when building using actual Linux From Scratch book build order as procps
is build before autoconf/automake/libtool
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/development/

Another thing related to 3.3.3 release is that I have a failure in free -b test
with one machine, not with another.
I will send a separate message for that. It look like the value reported by
free -b in SwapTotal is wrong.

Gilles