[pr0k] Re: Join my "Let's hate RTSs" fan club. There's a free badge!

  • From: Bongfish <bongfish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pr0k@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 16:17:26 +0100

On Tue, 23 Jul 2002 16:05:47 +0100, you wrote:

>to the grass and trees. The buildings look lovely, though. I still hate =
>though with the exception of Diablo 2, which is a semi-RTS. Kinda.

Diablo 2 is nothing but a clickfest. The entire game is based on
clicking endlessly on things until you clear the screen, then doing it
all over again when you move somewhere else. Really gay, but also
annoyingly fun and addictive.

>GTA3's got rock fucking solid now. *sob* Dylan, you managed to get the =
>off the ground for more than 4 seconds?

Yeah, I can sometimes keep it up for ages. (Fnarr!).

You have to let it drop a bit and then *tap* the 'climb' key to pull
up a bit. It's really easy to stall, as I'm sure you've noticed. If
you aim for the mountain texture over the sea you can fly out of the
level and into the town that was used in the intro, which has no
collision and is really fucked up.

I also found a sign saying "you shouldn't be here" or something to
that effect on one of the islands. Mad.

>Another cool thing is trying to rob someone's car, and basically=20
>let them get back into it

If you press the 'carjack' key and then hold a direction as you pull
somebody out of their car your guy doesn't get inside. Lots of fun to
just run around pulling people out of their cars and kicking them to

I also had a lot of fun last night using the 'iliketodressup' cheat to
change your model to one of the whores. Nothing beats the invisible
cars cheat, though. Wonderwoman tastic.