[powerdot] Re: problem with lists using MikTeX 2.9

  • From: David Griffel <david.griffel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: powerdot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 17:44:36 +0100

Thanks for your advice to try the Miktex list.  I did that, and got the
following helpful reply, which fixes the problem for me.

best wishes,
David

You are in luck. That's "only" a enumitem bug. enumitem uses
\@enumctr in the argument of an \@ifundefined command. But as
\@enumctr is not defined in an (unnumbered) itemize list you get an
error.

I have sent a bug report to the author.

Try

\makeatletter
\providecommand\@enumctr{}
\makeatother

until enumitem is updated.

Btw: The newest enumitem has changed quite a lot internals. Most
importantly it no longer uses the standard \define@key and \setkeys
command from (x)keyval (to avoid compability problems with xkeyval).
As powerdot uses xkeyval, defines some additional keys for enumitem
and does a lot of key settings it is quite possible that this
changes will break something.